- Current Academic Year: Emergency Nursing, Nursing Economics, Mental Health Nursing
- Previous Academic Years: Perioperative Nursing, ICU Nursing, Surgical Nursing, Nosocomial Infections
Doctoral Degree: National & Kapodistrian Athens University, 2007
Postgraduate Degree: Clinical Nursing, National & Kapodistrian Athens University, 1998
Undergraduate Degree: National & Kapodistrian Athens University, 1995
11 years in TEI of Patras / Western Greece & University of Patras
PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE:
11 years in General University Hospital of Patras & General Hospital of Chest Diseases of Patras
RESEARCH INTERESTS: Perioperative Nursing, Critical Care Nursing, Nursing Education
PARTICIPATION IN SCIENTIFIC JOURNALS COMMITTEES: Member of the International Editorial Board of “Journal of Perianesthesia Nursing”, Member of the Panel of Reviewers of Australian Critical Care
ANNOUNCEMENTS AT GREEK / INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCES: 52 in total
PUBLICATIONS IN GREEK / INTERNATIONAL JOURNALS: 84 in total
SELECTED SCIENTIFIC PUBLICATIONS:
- Kiekkas P., Aretha D., Tzenalis, A., Stefanopoulos N. Diagnostic accuracy of oral thermometry for fever detection in adult patients: literature review and meta-analysis. Journal of Clinical Nursing 2021 (υπό δημοσίευση).
- Kiekkas P., Tsekoura V., Fligou F., Tzenalis A., Michalopoulos E., Voyagis G. Missed nursing care in the postanesthesia care unit: cross-sectional study. Journal of PeriAnesthesia Nursing 2021, 36(3): 232-237.
- Kiekkas P., Michalopoulos E., Stefanopoulos N., Samartzi K., Krania P., Giannikopoulou M., Igoumenidis M. Reasons for academic dishonesty during examinations among nursing students: cross-sectional survey. Nurse Education Today, 2020, 86: 104384.
- Kiekkas P., Tsekoura V., Aretha D., Samios A., Konstantinou E., Igoumenidis M., Stefanopoulos N., Fligou F. Nurse understaffing is associated with adverse events in postanesthesia care unit patients. Journal of Clinical Nursing 2019, 28(11-12): 2245-2252.
- Kiekkas P., Fligou F., Igoumenidis M., Stefanopoulos N., Konstantinou E., Karamouzos V., Aretha D. Inadvertent hypothermia and mortality in critically ill adults: systematic review and meta-analysis. Australian Critical Care 2018, 31(1): 12-22.